Thursday 3 July 2014

World Cup Quarter Final Predictions

France vs Germany - If nothing else, it ought to be a good watch.  My heart says Germany, my head says France.  Because Germany looked decidedly wobbly against Algeria, while France don't seem to have a defence at all.

Brazil vs Colombia - I've been less impressed by Colombia than everyone else, so I think Brazil will edge it, but it might be close.

Argentina vs Belgium - It really ought to be Argentina, even if they have just been squeaking by.  Mostly because I think their squeaking has been marginally more impressive than Belgium's squeaking.

Netherlands vs Costa Rica - Netherlands because Costa Rica had a much longer match vs Greece and had the added stress of a penalty shoot-out.  Plus they're short one of their starting defenders due to his red card in the Greece match.  That being said, I suspect it might be like the Mexico team where the Netherlands are on the back foot for most of the match only to seize victory at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment