Wednesday 9 September 2020

Ferrari Foul-Up Bingo - After the Italian Grand Prix

Only one new dab, because oddly, I don't have a square for brake failure, due to an apparently forlorn hope that that would be the one thing on the car they'd make sure to get right.

Noticeably, driver error is the most marked square.  Boys, this is not good enough, even if you never did hear a more piteous sound than Leclerc post-accident.  Try not to do that again, Charles!

However, the Italian national anthem did ring around Monza.  (Yes, I am reaching, if nothing else, Ferrari's form in the last ten years has increased my powers of reach.)

I am grateful for small mercies.  Anyway, not even at maximum curmudgeon setting can I begrudge Pierre Gasly this moment.  Listen to what it means to him.

The French commentators were restrained, in that way that only they can be.  And we love them for it!  (Given that one of the UK radio commentators was almost in tears, I think it's more than forgivable.  Apparently Gasly really is that likeable.)

After a race whose only rational explanation is that the focussing of every Ferrari fan's mean thoughts finally worked, we are going to need to do it all over again this week, because I cannot deal with a world where Mercedes win at Mugello.  It is not acceptable.

Start thinking mean thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment