Wednesday 16 September 2020

Ferrari Foul Up Bingo - After the Tuscan Grand Prix

Team, the FIA throw you a huge party of a Grand Prix to celebrate 1000 races.  It is held at Mugello.  Florence makes a fuss of you.  Fans are allowed to be present.

Eighth and ninth just isn't acceptable.  I mean, it's not acceptable anyway, but in this situation, it really isn't.

I never thought I'd see the day that a Ferrari had an under-powered engine.  The Ferrari of my childhood was that glorious, unreliable V12 which, when it wasn't exploding in a variety of ways, was the most powerful thing going.  How do you go from that to this excuse of a lawnmower engine?

It's just so frustrating.


Only one square has been dabbed, and that's the already dabbed "too indecisive to decide on a strategy."  When one of your drivers says he doesn't care which strategy you choose as long as you choose one, this suggests a problem.  When it's not the first time your drivers have made this statement, it suggests an on-going problem.

I've not dabbed "cars crash into someone else" since that would involve one of the Ferraris was the person doing the hitting, and neither of them did.  Somehow they both avoided all the chaos, all three times, which I would like to congratulate them on.

Now, if only I could convince my Mum to stop suggesting I switch allegiance to Racing Point.  No, just because they will be Aston Martin, will have Sebastian Vettel as one of their drivers and will be infinitely less frustrating than Ferrari, none of those are reasons to betray my team.  Also, I might never forgive Racing Point for dropping Perez.

(I am pleased that the FIA decided not to be idiots and aren't going to reprimand Lewis Hamilton for wearing a very polite t-shirt asking for justice for Breonna Taylor (https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12071177/lewis-hamilton-calls-for-justice-for-breonna-taylor-after-winning-tuscan-gp).  Otherwise I was going to have to point out they're a driving formula that accept alcoholic drink sponsorship, and therefore really can't speak about anything anyone is wearing.  Lewis Hamilton remains excellent.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment