Tuesday 21 April 2020

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Last year I went to watch this with colleague I.  Colleague I wanted to watch it because it looked cute, and her cat looks very similar to Toothless, and I am very easy to convince to go see a film.

I am so glad I went.

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is a little gem.

We get to meet old friends (Hiccup, Astrid and the gang, Toothless, Gobber) and see that they're still doing well.  And they're still warm, loving and ridiculous and everything we love about them, especially Toothless and Ruffnut.

Then there was Grimmel.  Oh he's a fantastic villain, mean, cruel and evil, but with a plan, and the will to carry it out.

The effects for the hidden dragon world are fantastic.  I don't know if it was filmed for 3D, I suspect it might have been, but it still looked amazing in 2D.

I enjoyed the fact that they whole-heartedly tell their story with such vim and vigour.

Definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment