Friday 13 July 2018

World Cup Final Predictions

I think I really ought to go for France just because I predicted them before the start of the tournament.

I think they'll do it, because they've got that little bit more quality throughout.  Before anyone says anything about *that* Croatian midfield, I know they're good, and I love them, but the thing they don't like, real, proper Modric and Rakitic kryptonite, is someone who harries them and doesn't give them space on the ball.  In N'Golo Kante, France have an excellent proponent of that.

I am looking forward to the tiny midfielder football off.

While Lloris hasn't had one of his regular clangers, I have the greatest of doubts about Danijel Subašić's goalkeeping.  Croatia also have Vida, who is one of those players *things* happen to and I fear the next one is going to be a bad thing.

France also have Mbappe.  Who is better than advertised!

There's also more than a small part of me that wants France to win just for Didier Deschamps who I loved as a player.

No comments:

Post a Comment