Sunday 18 September 2022

Formula 1 2022 - Italian Grand Prix


I actually have very little to add beyond that, although I do believe Christian Horner's theory that the reason for the improvement was Ferrari turning their engines up, especially when Sam Bird on BBC radio commentary said that they'd done something similar when he'd driven for them at Monza, because Monza matters. 

That desire to win might explain some of Ferrari's choices last weekend. I can't really blame them for their choices - because given their historical pitstop issues, would you trust it to go smoothly? If that safety car had stayed out even one lap longer, we'd be in a completely different position and everyone would be talking about how brave and brilliant the Ferrari strategy team were. I'd rather them make those sorts of decisions than just be passive, so I'm not going to complain when they don't quite come off.

No comments:

Post a Comment