Wednesday 23 March 2022

Formula 1 2022 - So it begins

I found last year's format worked really well for summarising my feelings, so I've stuck with it for this year. 

This year started well in pre-season. AFpgvx.png 

I ask for very little from Ferrari (and expect even less) but one of the things I ask for is for the car to look good. Even if it drives like a lemon, the Ferrari should be the prettiest car on the grid. 

 And oh, the F1-75 is a stunner. Look at it! AFpXfP.png 

I mean, that car I could forgive being a lemon. But it's not.

  AFpSfQ.png 

Very much not a lemon. 

Not just glorious Ferrari victory, but glorious Ferrari 1-2. 

After the race, people were discussing the fact that this broke Ferrari's second longest win-drought. As someone who remembers the great 1990-1994 failures (although at least that Ferrari was the prettiest car on the grid and sounded amazing - when the engine didn't explode), this feels different, because even as an under 10, I knew the 1994 Hockenheim was a one-off, relying on things happening to other cars. This was not that. 

There is hope! And smiley faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment