Wednesday 24 November 2021

F1 2021 - Brazilian Grand Prix and Qatar Grand Prix

The Brazilian Grand Prix was interesting, wasn't it. 

I mean, the season was starting to boil nicely even before Mercedes's DRS failure, Hamilton's penalty, Verstappen's penalty for being a berk *and* Verstappen deciding to go all elbows out (even more than usual) on Hamilton. 

So now we have that, and the relative underdog for the rest of the season slightly ahead of the surging reigning champion, and the pot bubbling up. 

Part of the reason I didn't update after the Brazilian Grand Prix was because I couldn't decide whether Leclerc should get a yellow card for stirring it in the Verstappen vs Hamilton accident debate, or a cookie for stirring it in the Verstappen vs Hamilton accident debate. I do know that Ferrari are getting a red card for the complete lack of speed in Qatar.



Bad Ferrari, no cookie. 

I am reasonably sure that no matter what the official excuse, the virtual safety car at the end of the Qatar Grand Prix was to prevent any more tyre explosions, because it did get a bit

The problem, of course, is that that's not going to encourage the teams to make safety stops in future. I mean, certainly, if I'm Alpine, I roll that dice every bit as much as they did. 

It's going to be interesting to hear Pirelli's report on the cause for the explosions.

No comments:

Post a Comment