Wednesday 18 November 2020

Ferrari Foul-Up Bingo - After the Turkish Grand Prix

Nothing on how awesome Hamilton's 7th World Championship victory is.  Other than it is an amazing achievement and he is awesome.  I think we've discovered that I am incapable of writing hot-takes.  Far better people than me have written articles about it.  So has the BBC F1 correspondent.

I was glad to see the Turkish Grand Prix back because it's my favourite of the Herman Tilke-designed tracks.  And the race delivered.  Well, the first half did, and then they turned on the DRS "go faster" button and it all became boring.  

I do not like DRS.  I know why the brought it in, and I support the attempt, but DRS does not increase racing, it just makes it easier for the better cars to overtake the worse cars.  It's almost impossible to defend from a DRS overtake, so it really isn't racing that we see with it, racing needs both attack and defence.

I am ridiculously happy with the result.  It's amazing how well Ferrari do when the race removes the disadvantage of that cow of an engine.  Even Vettel seemed re-energised (possibly because he will be in the pink Mercedes/Aston Martin next year and if it's as good as this year's Racing Point it will be a good car.  I have to admit that the idea of Vettel in a good car excites me a lot).

Because of the result, I feel bad about dabbing both the "driver error" and "pitstop disaster" squares again, but truth is truth.


However, to make up for it, and in honour of both the result and correct tyre choices throughout the weekend (Red Bull seem to have caught Ferrari's poor tyre choices), I present Ferrari with two cookies of competence.



Next year, hopefully it will be more cookies than dabbed squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment