Saturday 7 October 2017

Adieu Rob Burrow

Saturday evening will see Rob Burrow's last rugby game. 

He's my favourite active rugby player. And, as per usual, I will be hoping his team lose. Because that's what happens when your faourite player doesn't play for your favourite team. Not that Castleford are my favourite team, but I'd really rather than them win than Leeds again. I have seen Burrow tear Saints apart one time too often (even the mention of the 2011 Grand Final remains painful).

I will be honest here, the reason Burrow is my favourite *is* because he's the littlest. In a time when rugby players seem to be ever larger behemoths, that he's 5 foot 5 and made it with hella hard work and talent is inspiring.

 I believe some Youtube videos are required.

 The Leeds Rhino's official video - Tributes to Rob Burrow -

 Grand Final Golden Moments: Rob Burrow's Solo Try, 2011 - (Also refered to as that bloody try by me)

 Epalahame Lauaki Fights agiants Rob Burrow -

 Rob Burrow 500 game tribute - Rob Burrow 500 game tribute -

He's fast, sneaky, clever and brave, the littlest and the best. Why did he have to play for Leeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment