Wednesday 22 June 2022

Formula 1 2022 - Two races, three red cards

Despite my love of the Baku chaos bonanza, I didn't actually catch any of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. Instead I visited the Vienna 1900 exhibition at the Leopold Museum - https://www.leopoldmuseum.org/en/exhibitions/107/vienna-1900. 

The exhibition was good, the race was not.

ORLpUW.png 

To have one care retire with a mechanical may be regarded as a misfortune, for both to retire because their cars broke looks like carelessness. 

It is even more unfortunate in a situation where each driver is only allowed a limited number of engines and this latest failure meant that your driver, who is no longer in the lead of the championship due to a variety of problems, has to start the next Grand Prix from the back of the grid. 

Now even at my beloved Canadian Grand Prix*, it is going to be very difficult to win from the back. 

It becomes even harder when the crew drop said driver off the jack during a pitstop.
  ORLo3c.png 

I am not giving them another yellow card for peculiar strategy for Sainz, only because he did get a podium place. 

I do not like the pattern emerging in these pictures. 

* after what they did to Hockenheim, it's my favourite Grand Prix.

No comments:

Post a Comment