Friday 12 July 2024

Euro 2024 Final Network Diagram

Looks like this: Two evenly spaced white circles, surrounded by smaller brown circles.  Some brown circles join them in the middle. The labelled version looks like this: Labelled version of the above figure.  England are the white circle at the top and Spain are the white circle at the bottom.  All the other info is below. The thing that really leaps out at me, having done this since Euro 2012 is how much more interconnected the final two teams are. 

In 2012, only one club team, Manchester City, would have had someone on the winning team no matter what. 
In 2024, four teams can say that, Manchester City again, along with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Arsenal. 

Chelsea are the club team closest to the centre. 

Five club teams share the position of "most players left in", Real Madrid, Arsenal, Barcelona, Manchester City and Crystal Palace all have 4 players left in. Crystal Palace is the one that surprises me the most and suggests they have a much better academy system than I suspected. 

As England have got to the final with me not watching, I will continue not to watch lest I am a jinx. It's an odd situation where I have no preferred team, although both teams have a couple of players I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment