Wednesday 6 September 2023

Formula 1 - Belgian Grand Prix 2023

I am aware that the Belgian Grand Prix was some time ago.  I have been busy (it's a very long story).

In keeping with the previous races, I didn't get to see or hear the race, this time because of a Saturday and Sunday museum double header, where I said hello to large dinosaurs (https://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/exhibitions/titanosaur.html) and large steam engines (https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/home).

I don't think I missed much with the race, which, you know makes me sad because it's the Belgian Grand Prix.

I did manage to catch the sprint race though, and be thoroughly melodramatic at the inevitable Ferrari oops.

The interesting thing, because Ferrari screwing up again is not interesting, was L's reaction to the sprint race.  L is not a die-hard, he is, at best, a long-suffering dragged-along-by-a-friend.  He's precisely the sort of person the changes to F1 are supposed to be trying to attract, and he ... found it to be pointless.  Completely bored.  Worse than dislike in many ways.

Me not liking the sprints as a cranky old fan is sort of expected, but that's it's completely not registering with the target audience is a sign they need to go back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment