Thursday 1 October 2020

Ferrari Foul-Up Bingo - After the Russian GP

I want it known that I didn't forget about the Russian Grand Prix, I forgot about the time difference, so by the time I turned the radio on, it was all over bar the shouting.

Having listened to the replay, I don't think I missed much.  There's no update to the bingo card because, yes, Leclerc bumped into Stroll, which would fit "cars crash into someone else", but I am not counting it since it didn't seem to hurt his race.  And that hurts to say, Ferrari shouldn't be so poor that I can say 6th is the best a Ferrari could finish.

In the other car, well, the nearest thing to anything eventful happening there was Grosjean happening to Vettel, and Grosjean happens to everyone (I mock with affection).  Possibly "and Grosjean happened" should be a square in future.

In keeping with the tradition of the Russian Grand Prix, the race was not particularly interesting, with most of the points of interest being provided by the stewards, who enabled Mercedes fans to feel got at and everyone else to feel that Mercedes weren't being punished enough.  That takes some doing.  If an incident is bad enough to warrant a 10 second penalty, it's bad enough to warrant penalty points.  

Consistency, I'd like to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment