Saturday 19 December 2020

Ferrari Foul-Up Bingo - After the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

I promise this was delayed because of work, not because I couldn't think of anything to write.  I mean, I also couldn't think of anything to write, but … does any one remember either Ferrari doing anything at all in Abu Dhabi?

I mean, really?!

The only important thing that happened as far as Ferrari are concerned was that BOTH FERRARIS FINISHED BEHIND AN ALFA ROMEO!!!

Really, you let a customer team beat you!

What?!

Even Binotto accepts that this was 'not acceptable'.  Do something to fix it, you're the team boss.  If you can't, no one can.

I am trying to be positive about next year, but if there's no change in the technical regulation I can't see anyone beating Mercedes, definitely not Ferrari.  The thing that frustrates me as Ferrari fan is not the getting beaten, it's how much Ferrari are being beaten by.

Due to complete lack of anything happening, Ferrari-wise, there has been no change to the bingo card.


L believes that Vettel bursting out into song should count as a dab for "not sure why Vettel is laughing like that, let's not do it again", but I don't think it does.  I do think that Vettel transferring to Racing Point (or Aston Martin as they will be) will be good for Vettel, Ferrari and Racing Point.

I hope the team will be better for Sainz jnr.  (His father is a world champion, he is Sainz jnr., whatever the F1 coverage says.)

In the other big news, while I am sad for Albon*, I am happy for Perez.  

Plus, Perez has experience of always getting the worse car in a team and not letting it affect his performance so, if that's why the non-Verstappen driver in the Red Bull has been underperforming, at least it won't be new to Checo and he will be able to cope with it.  I don't think that is what's been happening at Red Bull.  I think the non-Verstappen drivers have been performing as well as that car lets them, and Verstappen has been outperforming the car.  But that's based on gut feeling and how much better various drivers have been when they drove for Alpha Tauri, before and after driving for Red Bull, not on evidence.

I might try to write a more thorough/less unspeakably Ferrari-biased review of the year at some point, but the main thing on the to-do list from an F1 point of view is the number-crunch post I promised previously.

*OMG, the BBC F1 coverage read out one of my tweets where I pointed out the factual flaws in one of their meaner analyses of Albon's season.  I am both pleased, and wish they'd not have been so unnecessarily and inaccurately mean about Albon.

I also apologise for the lack of punctuation in the tweet, I was walking home from food shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment